How to return message in queue if consumer got message and application stops?

alexa...@brightinfo.com

Nov 21, 2016, 11:27:54 AM11/21/16
to masstransit-discuss
I'm using Azure Service Bus as transport. And I want to know what happens with message if consumer got message but do not finish work on them. And how to return it in queue?
Thanks for your answers.

Alexey Zimarev

Nov 21, 2016, 1:43:10 PM11/21/16
to masstransit-discuss
Messages are confirmed (ACKed) to the transport only after the consumer has completed its work. So for any unfinished consumer, would it be application stop or exception in the consumer, the message will remain in the queue. This is different though if speaking about proper terminations, since once you require busHandle to run Stop() before terminating the application, it will wait for all messages that are currently being processed, to run through the pipeline before allowing the bus to be stopped.