Interop Between 2 & 3

Mick Delaney

Jul 13, 2015, 5:23:53 AM7/13/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Will it be possible to send/receive messages between 2 apps running different versions of MT on RabbitMQ, i.e one on 2.x & one on 3.x
We have some greenfield stuff on mono & I'd like to use 3.x for it, with some 2.x stuff running on windows.

Sucker for punishment!!! ;-)

Chris Patterson

Jul 13, 2015, 9:55:57 AM7/13/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
The message format for the JSON, BSON, and XML serializers should interoperate between MT 2.x and MT 3.x, I purposefully didn't touch them to avoid breaking changes that require a fork lift upgrade of the entire system at once. Versions should interoperate both directions without any issues. In fact, I should build a sample to demonstrate that it does indeed work as expected.

The encrypted serializer in 2.x (based on an older encryption format) has been replaced with full AES encryption in MT 3, but if you aren't using that then you're fine.