Timeout.AnyReceived not handled in Initial saga state

Alexey Zimarev

Sep 8, 2016, 5:49:39 AM9/8/16
to masstransit-discuss
I am getting strange errors from Automatonynmous state machine saga:

The IdleTimeoutDev.AnyReceived event is not handled during the Initial state for the TripSaga state machine

How does this work exactly? I am expecting IdleTimeout to be correlated to some saga but how can it be received in saga initial state? In this state there is no saga persisted, how MT binds them?

Chris Patterson

Sep 8, 2016, 10:19:31 AM9/8/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
It seems like you're getting a scheduled message delivered to a saga that doesn't exist. Either the correlation in the scheduled message is incorrect, or you aren't unscheduling the message early enough.

In the latter case, it is okay to configure the event to ignore the event in an Initial state using the OnMissingInstance() method within the Event(() => MyEvent) configurator. Of course this can be hard to access within a Schedule(), since it's buried under the covers. Perhaps I should make this the default behavior, or somehow make it configurable.

Either way, look for reasons why you'd be getting the scheduled message without a valid existing correlated saga instance.