Published messages behavior at a Competing Consumers scenario

Lucas C. Casagrande

Aug 9, 2017, 5:37:41 PM8/9/17
to masstransit-discuss
Let's suppose we have two instances of the same application running in parallel without any retry policy setup. What happens to a published message when the consumer who picked it throws an exception while consuming? Does it goes directly to the error queue as it does not have a retry policy?

In my application it seems that the messages goes directly to the error queue. Don't know if it is the expected behavior.

I'm using the pre-release version of MassTransit which supports the Asp.net Core.

Chris Patterson

Aug 9, 2017, 8:09:10 PM8/9/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Yes, if you aren't using a retry policy, and the consumer throws an exception, the message goes directly to the _error queue.