Thread handling on BusControl.Start() and .Stop()

Kenneth Avner

Jan 23, 2017, 7:11:35 AM1/23/17
to masstransit-discuss
Hello,

I should be getting back to you soon on the issue I had before X-mas with state machine instances, but before I get to that; here is a question on a different matter;
In the two last versions, after implementing the support for clusters in RabbitMQ, the following can be observed upon starting MT with no MQ running (in a Topshelf host):

- I call BusControl.Start()
- MT tries to connect to RMQ, but fails
- Exception is thrown
- The Topshelf HostFactory.Run() method returns with a "AbnormalExit" code
- BUT STILL; a background thread hosting the RabbitMQ client continues to try connecting to the broker

RabbitMQ connection failed: Connect failed: user@localhost:5672/
RabbitMQ connection failed: Connect failed: user@localhost:5672/
RabbitMQ connection failed: Connect failed: user@localhost:5672/
RabbitMQ connection failed: Connect failed: user@localhost:5672/

Is this in any way by design, or should I report it as a small bug? Not a biggie, as the service process is killed after reporting false on the startup-call, but still..

-Kenneth A

Chris Patterson

Jan 23, 2017, 12:16:38 PM1/23/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a bug, it should stop, preventing further reconnections.

Kenneth Avner

Jan 23, 2017, 12:48:48 PM1/23/17
to masstransit-discuss
Ok, tracked it (#781)