Message is received multiple times

Tomer Yoskovich

Jul 14, 2016, 4:59:17 AM7/14/16
to masstransit-discuss
Hello everyone,

In the latest masstransit version there still exists the problem in which we can't have multiple messages run concurrently (confirmed by Chris, to avoid running in wrong order).
We heavily rely on this feature for our product, and it has worked until version 3.2.1 - and I have reverted to this version,

But we are now experiencing a different problem: the message is long running (around 20 minutes). every 3 minutes the message appears to "run" again.

Is it known issue? any workaround?

Thanks!

Dru Sellers

Jul 14, 2016, 5:33:22 PM7/14/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
quick guess is the ack configuration of rabbit is set to about 3 min. the long running process doesn't "ack" it and so it gets requeued.

Tomer Yoskovich

Jul 17, 2016, 9:26:08 AM7/17/16
to masstransit-discuss
Hi Dru,

Thanks for answering,

but it appears that RabbitMQ doesn't have such timeout, but instead it acts like this when the consumer connection dies (source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30546977/is-there-a-timeout-for-acking-rabbitmq-messages).
and for about 5 times, in exactly 3 minutes intervals the message is processed once again, so this does seem something like it,

any other ideas?