Error queue naming convention

Wallonman

Apr 16, 2018, 8:51:52 AM4/16/18
to masstransit-discuss
Hello,

Suppose that an exception is raised when consuming a message. At the end of the retry process defined by the policy the original message is moved to an error queue.

This queue and the associated exchange are named automatically by MT using this convention : <queuename>_error.

The same applies when consuming a poison message, then the queue/exchange name is suffixed by "_skipped".

Now the question is how to configure the name of the error queue ?

For instance I want to name it <queuename>.DLQ or <queuename>.ERR
(The naming choice depends on the working place, my customer X prefer that convention, my other customer Y prefers another convention)

Is it possible to configure the name of the error queue ?

Thanks,

Eric

Chris Patterson

Apr 17, 2018, 9:42:11 AM4/17/18
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
_error and _skipped are presently hard coded, there isn't a way to change either at this point.

Wallonman

Apr 18, 2018, 6:38:13 AM4/18/18
to masstransit-discuss

Is it an option to get that part of the topology customisable ?

Maybe additional properties to the MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Topology.ReceiveSettings interface ?