non butterfly leps

Tom Murray

Aug 1, 2018, 4:59:56 PM8/1/18
to MassLep Leps
This year I've been out at my moth lights most nights again and have been finding all sorts of cool looking moths. For anyone that thinks moths aren't as nice looking as butterflies, take a look at some of the ones that have come to my lights this year and see if you change your mind. http://www.pbase.com/tmurray74/inbox

Tom Murray
Groton, Ma.

Ron Hamburger, Reading, Ma.

Aug 2, 2018, 5:45:24 AM8/2/18
to MassLep
Hi, Tom...thanks for your post, what beautiful creatures ! ( the lighting and photos are perfect, too ).... I'm going to try this myself, FINALLY, after all these years, running around chasing birds and butterflies in the hot  sun, covered with toxic insect repellant !.. something seems to have just "snapped" !   ("when the student is ready, the teacher arrives", I think the saying goes )..ron h. ...( no need to tuck pant legs into socks at night, either....I hope...doesn't look too cool , and ruins the socks !)