Brown, Hoary and Henry's Elfins this weekend

Steven Whitebread

May 3, 2015, 6:25:16 PM5/3/15
to Mas...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday Christine and I went to the gas pipeline in Myles Standish
State Forest to look for birds and to see what butterflies were out.We
saw about 50 Brown Elfins and a couple of Hoary Elfins, plus several
Spring Azures, f. marginata and f. lucia.

This morning we were at the South Shore Bird Club trip at Fowl Meadow in
Milton. Once the sun came out, at least 10 Henry's Elfins were seen,
plus two Mourning Cloaks and several Spring Azures, including at least
one f. violaceae.

Photos of the Elfins can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60295555@N06/

Steven Whitebread