Fw: female Wild Indigo? Juvenile?

Sharon Stichter

Nov 21, 2016, 2:57:53 PM11/21/16
to MassLep
Can anyone here on masslep help id this one?  Conrad Vispo lives in New York state, and has written about the butterflies of Columbia County there.  I’ll forward any replies to him, or you can reply to him directly.  It looks like a female WID to me, but could it also be a Juvenal’s?    Thanks for any help!

Sharon

Sharon Stichter
Cambridge, MA

Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 2:11 PM
Subject: female Wild Indigo? Juvenile?

Good-afternoon Sharon,

Would you mind giving me your thoughts on this duskywing? It was photo’d along a forested dirt road on 5/7/2012 here in Columbia County. (Am working on a report and so going back to old photos from a site).

All my duskywings end up being Juvenal’s or Wild Indigo… that may just mean I’m not seeing anything else or I’m fixated.

Thanks, I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving,

Conrad.

Conrad Vispo.

Hawthorne Valley Farmscape Ecology Program

1075 Harlemville Road

Ghent, NY 12075

(518) 672 7994

http://hvfarmscape.org