Junonia Collection

fsm...@aol.com

Jan 26, 2016, 1:31:37 AM1/26/16
to Mas...@googlegroups.com, NABA...@peach.ease.lsoft.com, SoWe...@yahoogroups.com, les_ca...@yahoo.co.uk, p...@saimail.com, adrian...@hotmail.co.uk
Hi All,

My recent trip to India netted five species from this widespread genus [only four got photographed], all beautiful, and this inspired me to assemble a set of all the Junonia species I've managed to photograph [2004-2015]. You can access the result at:

Photos vary in quality. I was not yet digital in 2004 and my first digital camera wasn't very good either. I have never butterflied Africa and the one Junonia I photographed in Brazil [a subspecies of J. everete] is on the cutting room floor. But the set still includes bugs from North America [a very interesting group, with lots of unanswered questions as to how many species they represent], Central America, the Caribbean, and several locations in Asia.

I hope you find them interesting and [some] aesthetically appealing.

Cheers,
Frank