A Second Baltimore Checkerspot Cat Cluster ...

donald adams

Aug 2, 2018, 9:34:47 PM8/2/18
to Mas...@googlegroups.com, boet...@psis.umass.edu, Elizabeth Crone, Leone Brown

… on Butterfly Bush here in W. Bridgewater, MA discovered this AM, and feeding away just fine!. Clearly I was not able to locate all the egg masses deposited on this and the ‘new one’ shown in the attached pic is 1 week to 10 days behind the first which is now close to starting a hibernation web. Feeding webs here on P. lanceolata have popped up all over the space I’ve left alone here for this and many of these have already spun up temporary hibernation webs as well.

Also released here today from raised stash …

Tiger Swt                            1

Spicebush Swt                   1

And sighted …

Monarch butterfly            4