September butterflies in Plymouth, MA

Robin Gross

Sep 26, 2017, 12:12:44 PM9/26/17
to MassLep Leps
I was away labor day weekend and for a few weeks after that.When I returned and the sunshine returned I was thrilled to see my buddleia bush filled with painted ladies! Yesterday before the sun reached the buddleia they were on the side of the house and leaves of a sunny tree.I will be away for 3 weeks in October so  I will miss any visitors to my courtyard.

9/4   1 American Lady

9/5   1 American lady

        2 Painted ladies

9/7   2 Painted ladies

9/24 6 Painted Ladies

        1 American Lady
9/25 7 Painted Ladies

Robin Gross, my courtyard
Plymouth, MA

Paula Lieberman

Sep 26, 2017, 10:57:22 PM9/26/17
to masslep@googlegroups.com >> MassLep

There was what looked like a single monarch doing a fly-by through my yard three or four days ago.  It was moving too quickly for a really good look or a picture.