Common Jay. Graphium doson

fsm...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2016, 1:44:05 AM2/6/16
to Mas...@googlegroups.com, NABA...@peach.ease.lsoft.com, les_ca...@yahoo.co.uk, p...@saimail.com
Hi Folks,

Common Jay, Graphium doson, Thattekkad, India, November 3, 2015. Another stunner from India. This was one of my target leps for the trip. We had many fly-bys, but I didn't actually get one to sit for a portrait until the next to last day:

Of course, when it rains in India, it pours. There was a puddle party of these puppies!

Common Jay is a close relative of Green Jay, G. agamemnon, which also flies in India. [No photos from India, but I have some good shots of it from Vietnam on a prior trip.] It also superficially resembles Common Bluebottle, G. sarpedon, common throughout south Asia [and Australia].

More to follow.

Cheers,
Frank