Long-tailed RETURNED -NCG

Tomb...@aol.com

Sep 28, 2016, 5:25:10 AM9/28/16
to mas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks:

I spent about an hour at the Northampton Community Gardens on Tuesday, September 27th.   I was quite surprised to see the Long-tailed Skipper had returned to my Verbena plot.   The Long-tailed Skipper that was first seen on September 16th had a bare spot in the middle of the body.   This one yesterday had a bare spot in the same area.   This individual looked mush more worn then when we first saw it on the 16th.   Where was this individual on Sunday, during our walk???  Also seen yesterday:
     Fiery Skipper   1
     Common Checkered Skipper   2
     Peck's Skipper  1
     Viceroy

Saturday--September 24th seen at the Quabbin Reservoir.

     Variegated Fritillary   6

Tom Gagnon, Florence (Bear Country) Massachusetts