Great day!

Dawn Puliafico

May 3, 2015, 9:16:17 PM5/3/15
to MassLep butterfly postings
I agree with Sue Cloutier.  It was a great day to be in the field!

I started in Westboro at the WMA where I saw 18 Spring Azures and 1 Mourning Cloak.  I hardly saw any the first hour of my hike, but the second hour the spring azures were everywhere.

I later walked at Sherborn Power Line Trail and was disappointed in the lack of butterflies, although a Sulphur did fly by.  I assume it was a Clouded.

In the afternoon I stopped at Arlington's Great Meadow in Lexington and saw my first Henry's Elfin there and four more Spring Azures.

In between walks, I had  Spring Azure in my backyard and a Mourning Cloak fly-by when I was stopped at a light downtown Ashland.

Dawn Puliafico
Ashland, MA