MBC Walk- Lake Wampanoag

Bill + Nancy Callahan

Aug 28, 2016, 10:51:17 PM8/28/16
to MassLep

We were unable to arrive on time for the MBC walk at 10:30am this morning. However we decided to stop on the way while bringing our son back to eastern Mass. Ran into Dave and Donna in the parking lot and later talked to Wendy and we all decided to combine the day into one post. Bill & Nancy

August 28, 2016

Lake Wampanoag Wildlife Sanctuary Field Trip

Gardner, MA

10:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Dave Grant, Worcester

Donna Schilling, Acton

Sunny and pleasantly warm with light wind.  Goldenrod, Queen Anne’s Lace, and various Aster species covered the unmowed field.
As we were leaving, Nancy and Bill Callahan arrived to explore this lovely Mass Audubon property.

6  Cabbage White

31  Clouded Sulphur   (probably undercounted)

1  Orange Sulphur

2  Eastern Tailed-Blue

8  Great Spangled Fritillary

1  Aphrodite Fritillary

11  Pearl Crescent

1  Lady species

64 Common Ringlet   (probably undercounted)

2 Common Wood Nymph

1 Monarch

Lake Wampanoag Part 2

1:15 pm-3:45 pm