Zone and/or Fare data for commuter raul?

John Jannotti

Sep 2, 2016, 3:03:14 PM9/2/16
to MBTA Developers
I've looked around at the API and available data files (specifically for commuter rail), and don't see information on the Zone a station is in, so there's no way to calculate a fare in an app. Is that information available anywhere?  Obviously I could hard code it for all stations, but that seems unpleasant.  Would be great if it was in the StationOrder.csv that is already available.

Alternatively, any rule of thumb to get it mostly right?  Something like, "Each 5 miles of distance is a zone"?

Developer at MBTA

Sep 2, 2016, 4:01:31 PM9/2/16
to MBTA Developers
Hi John,

It's not something we've published. Attached to this response is a table we use in an internal application. A value of zero in the zone field means zone 1A. (Offered without warrantee, etc.)

-developer@mbta
crzones.csv

John Jannotti

Sep 6, 2016, 7:22:47 PM9/6/16
to MBTA Developers
Very impressed with your responsiveness!