Green Line Westbound Trains unavailable

Cody Ben Lewis

Nov 26, 2017, 12:05:52 PM11/26/17
to MBTA Developers
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been playing with the REST API v2 recently and noticed some issues appear with missing data on the Greenline. Westbound predictions for stations east of Arlington have been down/empty for days. I thought it was my program suddenly not parsing and sorting the data properly but I’ve been able to confirm the issue against apps like “Greenline” that are displaying “No MBTA Predictions Available” all the time on that side. Even manually sorting through the request data for park street or boylston, you can see there's no westbound trains being displayed.

Looking forward to a fix and hearing what might have happened. Everything was working at the beginning of the month.

Stefan Wuensch

Nov 26, 2017, 4:21:07 PM11/26/17
to massdotd...@googlegroups.com
I think you're describing the normal / expected behavior for westbound Green Line trains between Lechmere and Boylston. There have never been predictions for those, ever since the Green Line was added to the API. Westbound predictions only start at Arlington (inclusive) because the MBTA folks are still working on ways of predicting which train will leave Park Street first. (There are two westbound tracks at Park Street.)

There's a thread or two on this. The most recent is:
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/massdotdevelopers/b1XVLJCL1Tg>

Cody Ben Lewis

Nov 26, 2017, 5:10:39 PM11/26/17
to MBTA Developers
Good to know, thank you! All of my original tests were with Kenmore Station and occasionally park street. I started noticing the lack of data only after looking at the stations in between. I guess didn’t realize park street had always been that way.