Possible bus data outage?

Andy Cox

Mar 27, 2018, 11:15:52 AM3/27/18
to MBTA Developers
Currently not in a place where I can check the raw feeds but all of my apps are reporting no data for bus lines. 73 had one bus for a brief moment, which then disappeared once it hit Waverley.

Developer at MBTA

Mar 27, 2018, 11:18:02 AM3/27/18
to MBTA Developers
Hi Andy,

We did experience a brief outage this morning. Sorry for not posting an update earlier. Currently all of our feeds should contain live data, but if you are using the NextBus API it is still experiencing an outage.

Sincerely,

Developer@MBTA

Andy Cox

Mar 27, 2018, 11:18:08 AM3/27/18
to MBTA Developers
Correction: that 73 is back in the feed and is bus 4126. 71 has at least two buses not in the feed that I saw with my own eyes and I suspect 73 has some also. Other routes on the map also seem to be empty, most notably route 1.

Andy Cox

Mar 27, 2018, 11:29:39 AM3/27/18
to MBTA Developers
Starting to see the map repopulate itself now. Seems like trips may be being added back to the feed as they start their journey. I thought at least one of these apps was using the v2 or v3 API and not NextBus, but I guess I was wrong. Good to know for future issues.

Developer at MBTA

Mar 27, 2018, 11:30:45 AM3/27/18
to MBTA Developers
Could you let us know which apps you were seeing this issue on? This could be helpful as we diagnose the issue.