Predictions include terminal arrivals?

Jeff Lopes

Sep 1, 2016, 12:58:17 PM9/1/16
to massdotd...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this morning at Park St the predictions include Green line trains that terminate at Park. Is that by design or a bug? I would expect predictions to only include trains with departures.

Developer at MBTA

Sep 1, 2016, 1:37:19 PM9/1/16
to MBTA Developers
That's by design -- predictions include all stops made by a trip, including the last stop.

-developer@mbta

Jeff Lopes

Sep 14, 2016, 11:20:06 AM9/14/16
to massdotd...@googlegroups.com
Do the station signs always exclude terminal predictions? If so what's the logic for filtering them out?

Developer at MBTA

Sep 15, 2016, 11:05:10 AM9/15/16
to MBTA Developers
It varies by system. Some of them use the list of the trip's predictions and throw out the last one. Some of them do it with string matching based on the destination text. It would be better to have data in the API indicating whether stop_time was a last stop, or better yet, whether boardings are allowed at the stop (since some bus routes have drop-off-only segments.) Expect that in the future.

-developer@mbta