Announcing real-time information for Mattapan Line

Developer at MBTA

May 30, 2017, 1:23:25 PM5/30/17
to MBTA Developers

Hello all,

As of today, the Mattapan Line (the trolley line that runs between Ashmont and Mattapan Stations) has real-time data in our API and in GTFS-realtime. We have worked with the Vehicle Maintenance department to install GPS in the Mattapan trolleys, and will be producing locations and predictions data in our API.

You can take a look using queries such as these:

http://realtime.mbta.com/developer/api/v2/vehiclesbyroute?api_key=wX9NwuHnZU2ToO7GmGR9uw&format=xml&route=Mattapan

http://realtime.mbta.com/developer/api/v2/predictionsbyroute?api_key=wX9NwuHnZU2ToO7GmGR9uw&format=xml&route=Mattapan

Like the Green Line there are no predictions yet before a train leaves the beginning of the route at Mattapan. But there are predictions from Ashmont, and unlike the Green Line the predictions do use GTFS trip_id’s.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this data.

Sincerely,

developer@MBTA