New colors in GTFS

Developer at MBTA

Jan 5, 2018, 3:35:25 PM1/5/18
to massdotd...@googlegroups.com
We snuck one other change into the GTFS we released on Wednesday... new colors! We've updated routes.txt colors to more closely reflect the rest of MBTA branding. This isn't a radical change; the Red Line is still red, but now it's the exact shade of red used on signage throughout the system. This is based on signage and branding guidelines that are continually updated but can be traced all the way back to the original color-coding of the rapid transit system when the MBTA was founded in 1965.

If you're curious, here are the old GTFS colors:

And the new ones:

The biggest changes are to the Silver Line and to bus service, but every color changes at least a little bit. We hope the changes work well for you.

Sincerely,
developer@mbta

(Post updated at 5:27pm -- ferry colors corrected)
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2