Schedule calendar and calendar_dates overlap

Paul Harrington

Aug 19, 2016, 9:33:16 AM8/19/16
to MBTA Developers
Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that in the Autumn scheduled feed you have in calendar.txt

"Logan-Sunday",0,0,0,0,0,0,1,20160802,20161230

and in calendar_dates.txt you have

"CR-Sunday",20161225,1

The entry in calendar_dates is already included in calendar as xmas day is a sunday. While I suspect this may not be a problem for most users I do a merge
of the 2 files into a single database table and see a SQL key integrity violation.  This problem did not occur with the summer feed.

I plan on changing code so that when there is an integrity violation in these cases I don't stop the merge so this won't be a problem for me.

Paul.

Developer at MBTA

Aug 19, 2016, 9:52:44 AM8/19/16
to MBTA Developers
Hi Paul,

I think I figured out what you're referring to. "Logan-Sunday" is the service_id for the Sunday schedule of the Massport shuttle buses at Logan Airport, which is unrelated to commuter rail.

I think what you meant to point out was that we have:

"CR-Sunday",0,0,0,0,0,0,1,20160805,20161230

in calendar.txt, and:

"CR-Weekday",20161225,2
"CR-Sunday",20161225,1

This is indeed a mistake. We forgot that Christmas falls on a Sunday this year. We will upload a corrected GTFS file in the next few minutes.

Sincerely,

Developer@MBTA

Paul Harrington

Aug 19, 2016, 10:52:37 AM8/19/16
to MBTA Developers
That's correct, I copied the wrong line in by mistake in calendar.txt. Apologies for the confusion.

Developer at MBTA

Aug 19, 2016, 2:30:50 PM8/19/16
to MBTA Developers
A new corrected version of the GTFS file has now been posted.