Upcoming changes to subway stop_ids

Developer at MBTA

Dec 11, 2017, 5:56:25 PM12/11/17
to MBTA Developers
Dear developers,

We will be adding the winter 2018 schedule to our GTFS and API datasets by this Wednesday, December 13. To better match the digital representation of our data to reality, several changes to the stop_ids for subway stations will be made. These changes will not take effect in scheduled trips until December 31, 2017.

The changes will separate the platforms at Bowdoin and Wonderland so that each platform has a different stop_id. At these two terminals, all trains service both platforms when turning around. At Heath Street and the Mattapan Line station at Ashmont, the two stop_ids at each station will be consolidated into one as there exists only one platform per location.

The existing and revised stop_ids and stop_names are below:

OLD: 70038 Bowdoin
NEW: 70038 Bowdoin - Inbound, 70838 Bowdoin - Outbound

OLD: 70060 Wonderland
NEW: 70059 Wonderland - Inbound, 70060 Wonderland - Outbound

OLD: 70259 Heath Street - Outbound, 70260 Heath Street - Inbound
NEW: 70260 Heath Street

OLD: 70261 Ashmont - Mattapan Line Outbound, 70262 Ashmont - Mattapan Line Inbound
NEW: 70261 Ashmont - Mattapan Line

Once again, the new stop_ids will be added to our data sources this week but will not be used until December 31. Additionally, stop_id 70060 will maintain its stop_name of “Wonderland” until at least December 31 before being renamed “Wonderland - Outbound”. The stop_ids being removed will not be removed until after that date.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about these upcoming changes.

Sincerely,
developer@mbta

Konos

Jan 23, 2018, 3:45:39 PM1/23/18
to MBTA Developers
In latest GTFS data, stop with id = 70060 has name "Wonderland".
According to the info posted above, it should be "Wonderland - Outbound".
Also, this request:
returns stop_id=70060 for both directions, while it should be 70059 for inbound direction.

Andrzej