Chelsea Street drawbridge alerts for Rt. 112 and SL3 - automated?

Stefan Wuensch

Apr 4, 2018, 12:42:42 PM4/4/18
to MBTA Developers
When the Chelsea Street drawbridge goes up, affecting the 112 bus and very soon the SL3, are the alerts generated automatically by software triggered by the bridge operator or are the alerts still entered by a human?

I'm asking because a friend who is a Chelsea resident and who as been following the SL3 project very closely has shared this:
<http://www.chelsearecord.com/2018/03/16/mbta-to-implement-new-software-system-to-avert-chelsea-street-bridge/

> The new software will be used by the Chelsea Street Bridge operator, who will notify the MBTA bus dispatch center when the bridge is going up.
>
> The software will provide bus dispatch with estimated duration and projected travel time for each of two possible detours around the Bridge. The dispatch will then use that information to determine the best response for each bus.

Clearly this will help the situation. I'm just wondering if the T-Alert is fully automated directly from the drawbridge operator or if there's still someone at bus ops who has to punch it in.

Thanks!

Developer at MBTA

Apr 5, 2018, 12:25:35 PM4/5/18
to MBTA Developers
Hi Stefan,

There will be a person in the loop before alerts are sent out to the public.

Sincerely,
developer@mbta