GTFS Schedule Data Update

Developer at MBTA

Aug 1, 2017, 5:12:31 PM8/1/17
to MBTA Developers
We would like you inform you about one smaller update to GTFS which will appear in the GTFS feed later this week and be scheduled to take effect on August 10, 2017.

The schedules in route_ids “Boat-F1” and “Boat-F3” will be merged. Currently, most ferry service to both Hingham and Hull is listed in GTFS under “Boat-F1,” or “Hingham Ferry.” Only the small number of trips which service non-stop between Hull and Long Wharf are listed under “Boat-F3,” or “Hull Ferry.” All of these "Boat-F3" trips will now be listed under “Boat-F1,” which will now have the long_route_name “Hingham/Hull Ferry.” This change will allow ferry customers searching for schedules by route to see all travel options in one place, and better matches the format of existing paper schedules. Additionally, trip_ids and trip_headsigns will be changed for all ferries.

Sincerely,
developer@mbta

Konos

Aug 23, 2017, 9:56:57 AM8/23/17
to MBTA Developers
Just wanted to report that the realtime api (/api/v2/routes) still returns {"route_id":"Boat-F3","route_name":"Hull Ferry"} but if you try to get stops for this route (/api/v2/stopsbyroute?route=Boat-F3), it gives an error: { "error": { "message": "Invalid route Boat-F3" }}

Andrzej

Developer at MBTA

Aug 24, 2017, 4:41:39 PM8/24/17
to massdotd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konos,

Thank you for bringing this up. You are correct in that while we have stopped use of route_id "Boat-F3" (due to the change above) we have not yet removed it from our list of routes. A similar condition exists with the route_id "Beverly-Salem". Both routes will be removed from the API (and from GTFS) in the next day or two.

Sincerely,
developer@mbta