MBTA API Usage limits

Prashant Verma

Feb 21, 2017, 12:38:53 AM2/21/17
to MBTA Developers
are the limits different for GTFS RealTime data and MBTA-API V2 JSON data. If yes what are the limits for both formats.  does both limits, a request per 10 seconds and 10000 per day apply to MBTA API V2 Json data?

StefanW

Mar 1, 2017, 8:23:26 PM3/1/17
to MBTA Developers
That's a good question about limits for the GTFS-RT data. Since it's simply an HTTP call to each static URL, without an access key, there might not be limits at all... other than whatever denial-of-service protection the developer.mbta.com site hosting has.

For the API calls' limits, check out this answer from 2014-08-25.

Prashant Verma

Mar 1, 2017, 9:22:03 PM3/1/17
to MBTA Developers
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I had already gone through the link. I am still searching for the answer if both the limit applies 10000 per day and one query per 10 sec.

Thanks