Commuter rail stop_names in GTFS

Developer at MBTA

Aug 11, 2016, 10:29:26 AM8/11/16
to MBTA Developers
Hello all,

It has come to our attention that the names of commuter rail stops in our GTFS feed are not treated consistently when the name contains a slash. For example, the Anderson/Woburn stop has a stop_name value of "Anderson/ Woburn" (with a space after the slash but not before), while the Littleton/Rte 495 stop has a stop_name of "Littleton / Rte 495" (with spaces before and after the slash).

In the interests of consistency, as well as improving formatting, in the upcoming GTFS file we will not use any spaces before or after a slash in a stop_name value. The changed stop_names are listed at the bottom of this post.

Please note: stop_id values will NOT be changed, so as to protect any hard-coded references to specific stops. Only stop_names will change.

The following are the stop_names that will change:

Anderson/ Woburn -> Anderson/Woburn
Brandeis/ Roberts -> Brandeis/Roberts
Forge Park / 495 -> Forge Park/495
Four Corners / Geneva -> Four Corners/Geneva
Hamilton/ Wenham -> Hamilton/Wenham
Holbrook/ Randolph -> Holbrook/Randolph
Littleton / Rte 495 -> Littleton/Rte 495
Middleborough/ Lakeville -> Middleborough/Lakeville
River Works / GE Employees Only -> River Works/GE Employees Only
Weymouth Landing/ East Braintree -> Weymouth Landing/East Braintree

Please let us know if you see any problems with this.

Developer@MBTA