OPML: Another XML-based markup language

Skip to the first unread message

Ron Savage

11 Nov 2014, 17:09:4811/11/2014
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com

Paul Bennett

12 Nov 2014, 06:16:3112/11/2014
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Ron Savage <r...@savage.net.au> wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPML

Interesting, and I suspect JD will have things to say.

For me, it's just a sad reminder that my SGML implementation hasn't
been worked on in far too long.

I really need to get into a room with JD, a couple of computers, and a
large whiteboard with plenty of colors of pen, so that I can learn his
XML code sufficiently to "embrace and extend" it to full SGML. I'm
stuck thinking that I'll need user-programmable L0 rewrites (for which
I will probably need to invent a DSL), and at least a G2 layer (or
would it need to be ... some kind of L2 layer???) for well-formedness
and a G3 layer for validation. At least I've started in on envisioning
the GUI for a wizard that will be able to scaffold the L0 rewrites
based mostly on radio and check buttons. It's all going far too
slowly, though.

--
PWBENNETT