Warning: Marpa incompatibility with List::Utils

Thomas Weigert

May 2, 2015, 6:57:29 PM5/2/15
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
I discovered that there is some interaction between:
   Marpa
   List::Utils
   perl debugger

If I am running a parse under the perl debugger in an application that uses the List::Utils package from CPAN, then there is some kind of infinite loop (it appears, as the program suddenly takes forever) entered in Values.pm. At least, that's where I think it is, because when I interrupt the program it always halts in Values.pm. Note that when the same program is run normally (i.e., outside the debugger) then it terminates quickly.

Th.

Jeffrey Kegler

May 2, 2015, 9:49:51 PM5/2/15
to Marpa Parser Mailing LIst
If this happened with someone else's package, I'd assume the debugger was the problem.