Marpa::R2 and new PPI

Jeffrey Kegler

Aug 5, 2014, 8:31:53 PM8/5/14
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
The PPI folks have suggested that releases that depend on PPI test with
the new PPI 1.217_01. Marpa::R2 uses PPI for testing, if it is
present. By default, Marpa::R2 will not install if these tests fail.

If one or more in the Marpa community could try the new PPI out, I'd
appreciate it. I think what's needed is to install the new PPI, and
then attempt to reinstall Marpa::R2.

thanks, jeffrey

Durand Jean-Damien

Aug 5, 2014, 8:50:44 PM8/5/14
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
Test is OK.
Full log in attachment / JD.
Latest_PPI_And_Marpa_R2_install.txt

Jeffrey Kegler

Aug 5, 2014, 8:55:24 PM8/5/14
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Ruslan Shvedov

Aug 6, 2014, 1:07:17 AM8/6/14
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
Marpa::R2 reinstalled ok with new PPI on winxp (perl 5.18.1) and cygwin (perl 5.14.1), logs attached.

marpa-ppi-1.217_01-winxp.out
marpa_ppi_1.217_01_cygwin.out

Jeffrey Kegler

John Alvord

Oct 12, 2017, 6:59:46 PM10/12/17
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
I am experiencing some failures attempting to install Marpa::R2 on an AIX 7.2 system. Perl is at 5.20.1 and I have set up a local::lib configuration. I have attached a short cpan install capture [using script command]. I had done a previous install attempt that got a lot of the prerequisites in place. I had increased the ulimit -m to 1 gig on general suspicion.

The capture end point problem appears to be

t/perl.t             (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)

  Non-zero exit status: 255

  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 12 tests but ran 0.

Any pointers?

x1.log

Jeffrey Kegler

Oct 12, 2017, 7:39:21 PM10/12/17
to Marpa Parser Mailing LIst
Nice to hear from you!

I glanced at the log.  Only one test file fails and because of only one failure (though technically, because it abends the test file, it fails all 12 of its tests).

It's this line: "abc\N{NULL}\'\efg" => "mno\N{NULL}",

The error message says it does not know the charname NULL.  I dunno if this is an AIX peculiarity or what.  (There were complicated considerations with Unicode, and I wound up finding \N{NULL} was the most portable way of getting a NULL of the right size in every case.)

You can eliminate the test or (more careful practice) test for AIX and replace it with one that works there.

Also, the Debian folks keep Marpa::R2 up to date on AIX, you might want to see if they've gotten to this, and how they handled it.