Mapsforge 0.6.0

Emux

Nov 25, 2015, 5:45:29 AM11/25/15
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
We released Mapsforge 0.6.0, uploaded to Maven / JCenter centrals and added to our CI server http://ci.mapsforge.org/job/0.6.0/

There are many new features, improvements & fixes.

See detailed changelog, most important are:

- Multilingual maps
- Android gestures total overhaul
- New gestures (fling, quick scale)
- Marker clustering example
- Various API enhancements
- AWT library reorganization
- XSD repositioning for online validation
- Map creation with coastlines documentation

Last but not least:
- Android 6 / SDK 23 / Runtime permission support

All solved issues can be seen here.

Note: Due to map file internal structure changes by the multilingual feature, we advanced map file version to 4.

Thanks to all having contributed to that result, stay tuned for new things in the future.

--
Emux

Robert

Nov 25, 2015, 7:33:30 AM11/25/15
to mapsforge-dev
Hi

Thanks for the new release. I just looked through the release-notes and the solved issue list.
As I did not find anything regarding the multi-threading map rendering I assume that the state is still "works but produces unintended results sometimes" (hence not usable)?

Robert

Emux

Nov 25, 2015, 7:37:27 AM11/25/15
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
Indeed we still recommend having multi-threaded rendering off for production, until we fix all possible issues.

--
Emux