still symbols and text with custom rendertheme

fridolin

Mar 20, 2012, 2:07:30 AM3/20/12
to mapsforge-dev
Hi,

I try to make a night mode bicycle rendertheme.

First step was to remove all stuff and play with the rules:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rendertheme xmlns="http://mapsforge.org/renderTheme"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://mapsforge.org/renderTheme ../
renderTheme.xsd" version="1" map-background="#000000">
<rule e="way" k="highway" v="cycleway">
<line stroke="#d1fad1" stroke-width="0.85" />
</rule>
</rendertheme>

With this theme I still get some symbols and text on the map.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4880223/export_03.png

What did I wrong?

Should we have to create a custom rendertheme to get a useable map on
displays with high ppi like galaxy note, or is it the developer who
can just add some "zoom" feature without zooming the rendered bitmaps
like in 0.24.

Thilo Mühlberg

Mar 24, 2012, 3:16:10 PM3/24/12
to mapsfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Fridolin,

this is indeed a known bug in the map library. The problem arises from
the fact, that the dependency cache is not cleared whenever the
render-theme changes. In fact, we cannot clear it as you might switch
back to the previous render-theme and then the cache is still needed to
render new tiles correctly. So the actual bug is that the dependency
cache does not store the used render-theme together with a dependency.

The labeling and the dependency cache is one of the oldest pieces of
code in the library and really of a bad quality. When it was written,
there was no render-theme mechanism yet. One of our highest priorities
is therefore to implement a new labeling, which will fix such bugs and
overcome most if not all of the current limitations (see for example
https://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/detail?id=20). As we have not
yet started working on that, it will however take some time.

Greetings,
Thilo

signature.asc