Tracking disturbances - here's how you can help!

Adam Lasnik

Jan 24, 2011, 6:55:28 PM1/24/11
to mappin...@googlegroups.com
There are many organizations that are tracking disturbances that are of a smaller scale. It is important to label these areas on the map and provide other landmarks so that law-enforcement authorities can take corrective, preventive action and prevent large scale violence.

Please help identify sources that tell us what’s happening on the ground.

There are currently a few organizations that are tracking disturbances in South Sudan -- people being killed, militia regrouping and so on. Here are a few sources that the community has contributed and is tracking:
If you find other sources, please post links to them below.
IMPORTANT:  Please share only URLs; do not post phone numbers or e-mail addresses.  Thank you!
Message has been deleted

Paul Rooker

Jun 30, 2011, 8:39:06 AM6/30/11
to mappin...@googlegroups.com
http://southsudanconflict.crowdmap.com/

is a bit outdated, but could be useful

Jeff

Jul 18, 2011, 1:53:43 PM7/18/11
to mappin...@googlegroups.com
Not sure how active this group is anymore. But here are  some sources:

Sudantribune.com

These are just the first few I thought of. I can add more later. The areas currently in contention are in the Nuba mountains and the Abyei region.

Jeff

ANT [UkrainianTeam]

Jul 19, 2011, 9:20:08 AM7/19/11
to mappin...@googlegroups.com