The Macedonian Experiment

Abhishek Pandey

Feb 9, 2012, 5:42:32 AM2/9/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Macedonia has recently seen an amazing increase in the number of Regional Expert Reviewers. :)

We want to give an opportunity to them, and the whole Mapping Community of Macedonia, to review all the edits being made in your country. This helps to ensure that local map quality is greatly improved because trusted people with local knowledge and language skills will be the ones reviewing the map changes.

So, Google Reviewers will pass on the baton to you guys for a few days. We and all the mappers of Macedonia will depend on you to get their map changes reviewed! Let's see how this works.

Looking forward to the day, when Macedonian Mappers are able to handle the edits of their entire nation!

Regards,
Abhishek

Gorčo

Feb 11, 2012, 8:33:05 AM2/11/12
to Mapping Macedonia
Hi Abnishek Pandey,

Thanks for the information. I'm an active mapper in Macedonia ( have
added all the Macedonian settlements, town and villages including
population, postal codes, etc...) I think that the municipality
borders are not correct for the Municipalities of Macedonia.

How can this be fixed ?

Best Regards,
Goran Atanasovski

On Feb 9, 11:42 am, Abhishek Pandey <pabhishek+...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> *Macedonia* has recently seen an amazing increase in the number of Regional
> Expert Reviewers. :)
>
> We want to give an opportunity to them, and the whole Mapping Community of *
> Macedonia*, to review all the edits being made in your country. This helps
> to ensure that local map quality is greatly improved because trusted people
> with local knowledge and language skills will be the ones reviewing the map
> changes.
>
> So, Google Reviewers will pass on the baton to you guys for a few days. We
> and all the mappers of *Macedonia* will depend on you to get their map
> changes reviewed! Let's see how this works.
>
> Looking forward to the day, when *Macedonian* Mappers are able to handle

Ognen Plavevski

Feb 11, 2012, 11:31:36 AM2/11/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
Gjorcho,

Go ahead and edit the villages and modify their borders if you feel they are incorrect.
Just use the edit or find feature to edit these.

Macedonicus

Feb 12, 2012, 11:52:32 AM2/12/12
to Mapping Macedonia
Ognen, that has nothing to do with our work in MapMaker. Those borders
are created by the people from Google so they don't affect MapMaker
and neither MapMaker borders affect Google Maps. They should allow us
to draw those borders instead.

Ognen Plavevski

Feb 12, 2012, 3:49:16 PM2/12/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a link?

Macedonicus

Feb 13, 2012, 12:18:29 PM2/13/12
to Mapping Macedonia
It's obvious. Check Google Maps - the areas of Skopje and Macedonia
are covered with boundaries while in Google MapMaker they are not
there.

On Feb 12, 9:49 pm, Ognen Plavevski <ognen.plavev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you provide a link?

Ognen Plavevski

Feb 13, 2012, 12:53:03 PM2/13/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
You can edit the boundaries of Skopje, and that has been done in the past.
You cannot edit the boundaries of Macedonia though, why would you want to, are they incorrect?

Macedonicus

Feb 13, 2012, 1:07:15 PM2/13/12
to Mapping Macedonia
Ognen. You don't get the point.
http://i43.tinypic.com/4ht6q9.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/f57y0x.png
Hopefully you will understand what we were talking about.
By the way the country borders of Macedonia are incorrect at the
Dojran lake region, they are moved to the left.

On Feb 13, 6:53 pm, Ognen Plavevski <ognen.plavev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can edit the boundaries of Skopje, and that has been done in the past.
> You cannot edit the boundaries of Macedonia though, why would you want to,
> are they incorrect?

Ognen Plavevski

Feb 13, 2012, 1:11:34 PM2/13/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
Are these not the same boundaries:  http://imgur.com/1VPtz ?

Regarding the country boundary, we need to report the issue so it's corrected. I'll post a link to where you need to post this.

Ognen Plavevski

Feb 13, 2012, 1:12:23 PM2/13/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
You can report the issue here:  http://code.google.com/p/google-mapmaker/

Jovan Gjurkovski

Feb 28, 2012, 1:07:20 AM2/28/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Municipal boundaries can be modified

> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:07:15 -0800
> Subject: Re: The Macedonian Experiment
> From: peter.t...@gmail.com
> To: mapping-...@googlegroups.com

Macedonicus

Feb 28, 2012, 5:45:59 AM2/28/12
to Mapping Macedonia
How and since when?

On Feb 28, 7:07 am, Jovan Gjurkovski <jova...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Municipal boundaries can be modified
>

> > Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:07:15 -0800
> > Subject: Re: The Macedonian Experiment
> > From: peter.traik...@gmail.com

Jovan Gjurkovski

Mar 4, 2012, 11:50:32 PM3/4/12
to mapping-...@googlegroups.com
I know I can....I pick the "edit" option from the pane above the map...then I place the mouse pointer on top of the line and click it. By doing that I can edit the boundaries.