Fwd: Spacing of some text with TextSymbolizer is odd

Kay Drangmeister

Oct 11, 2012, 2:46:29 AM10/11/12
to mapnik
Hi,

I am using the harfbuzz branch of mapnik 2.1.x from Sept 23
(how do I find a version number?)
# git status
# On branch harfbuzz

and have a problem with spacing of texts: a few texts
are printed very "wide", see the picture here:
http://crite.net/fr/mapniktextsymbolizer1.png
It is the bold text stating the "maximum stay time" for
parking on the side of the streets in OSM.
The "60 min" text appears to be written like this:
"6 0 m i n", but no spaces are in the source text.

The command to create those text is:
<TextSymbolizer face-name="DejaVu Sans Bold" size="12"
dy="15" placement="line" upright="auto"
wrap-width="35" allow-overlap="1" fill="#50a100">
[maxstay]
</TextSymbolizer>

All other texts look very nice (e.g. road names)
Can this be explained?

Kind regards,
Kay

Hermann Kraus

Oct 12, 2012, 8:59:17 PM10/12/12
to map...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I won't have time to look at this issue next week.
But I created a ticket https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik/issues/1532
so it doesn't get lost.

Hermann

Kay Drangmeister

Oct 14, 2012, 5:41:10 PM10/14/12
to map...@googlegroups.com, Hermann Kraus
Hi all,
Thanks, Hermann. Just added an additional observation to the
ticket, and my workaround for it. Seems to be a problem with the
wrap-width attribute (any may not be only related to harfbuzz).

Cheers,
Kay

Dane Springmeyer

Oct 17, 2012, 11:51:16 PM10/17/12