The loss of a dear friend in the Map Maker community

Jayanth Mysore

Oct 9, 2012, 8:25:20 PM10/9/12
to mapmaker-an...@googlegroups.com
Dear Users,

As all of us know by now, one of our most prolific mappers and greatest champions of Map Maker is no longer with us. Soon after we got the news of CNR Nair’s passing on the 25th of September, we were in touch with his son and directly expressed our condolences. We wanted to give time for the news to settle before publicly posting about what is a very difficult situation for his family.

CNR was fondly known and revered by everyone in the mapping community. In the early days of the product, in many ways, he showed us the way as the founding team of the product fondly recalls. His amazing passion for mapping, eagerness to help others and his generally kind behaviour will always be remembered and sets an example for the entire community.

It is without doubt that CNR will never be forgotten by the mapping community, nor his amazing story as it is written in the maps he created.

Below is one of CNR Nair’s favorite photos of himself with four friends and fellow Advocates Jabran, Faraz, Serge and Lammert.

Warmest regards,
Jayanth Mysore on behalf of the entire Map Maker team