Map Maker Update - December 13, 2012

Sneha

Dec 13, 2012, 9:10:22 AM12/13/12
to mapmaker-an...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mappers,

Its release time again! We are delighted to introduce the New Review Panel in our next step towards enhancing your Google Map Maker experience. Please post your thoughts and suggestions on this post here.

Lets take a look in detail:

New Review Panel

Reviewing edits has been streamlined with the new left hand reviewing panel. Key improvements include:

  • New reviewing options

Now, when you are reviewing, you are presented with four options: Yes, No, Partially, and Don’t know.

Note: The option Partially is available only for edits with multiple attribute changes. At this time, this option is unavailable for Line features.

  • Once you select the option Partially, you can check the boxes to accept some aspects of the edit, while disagreeing with other aspects of the same edit.

Read more here.

  • Improved readability of changes:
    • Cleaner comments stream
    • Color code for different aspect of a feature. Changes are shown in yellow, deletions are shown in red, and the original is shown in grey

  • Separate History and Published tabs

We now have separate section to view the History tab and list of Published edits.

Country code disabled for "Ireland" and "Dubai"

We’ve disabled the country code for Ireland and Dubai where there is no postal code system.

Thanks, and happy mapping!