Temporary locked highway editing - now Resolved

Lori Savageau

Feb 11, 2013, 7:05:40 PM2/11/13
to mapmaker-an...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mappers -

Many of you have addressed the recent locking of high priority roads for editing in particular regions. I hope the following will help shed some light on the situation for you and update you on things as they are today:

What changed?
High-priority roads were temporarily locked for editing in some regions. Roads are now re-opened for editing.

Why did Map Maker make this change?
There are a couple reasons we disabled High-priority road editing in some regions and countries:

  • We had fully vetted the road networks in areas where editing was locked, in line with our very high confidence in the quality of the existing data and limited need for changes based on real-world updates. High-priority editing has since been reopened as you - our mappers - are still our most reliable, leading source of the most accurate information.

In conclusion
Your frustrations in policy changes are both heard and understood, and we apologize for any confusion in your mapping projects. Thank you for your feedback, and please remember that Report a Problem in Maps and editing in Map Maker are two reliable avenues to offer input and regardless of how it’s delivered, your local knowledge is valuable in providing the most accurate and up to date details as we work together to build the most comprehensive maps.

Thanks for all you do, and keep up the great work!

Lori,
on behalf of the Google Map Maker team

This conversation is locked