Map Maker launched in Australia!

Moid

Aug 1, 2012, 3:29:49 AM8/1/12
to mapmaker-an...@googlegroups.com
Hello Map Makers!

At the heart of Google Map Maker are citizen cartographers such as yourselves - helping to build the most accurate maps of their communities - ones that reflect the identity, culture and pride of regions across the globe. Today, Map Maker has expanded Down Under, enabling Aussies to share their local expertise.

From the moment you make your first edit in Map Maker, know that you are joining an ever-growing community of passionate mappers as they make online maps of our world more detailed and useful. Get involved by introducing yourself to fellow mappers or find an event near you. Start off by mapping the local bakeries, playgrounds, parks, and museums around you. Mappers around the world have contributed incredibly detailed maps and we’re eager to see the same level of detail for Australia.

It gives us immense pleasure to announce that Google Map Maker is now available in more than 190 countries and territories, and as we forge ahead with continued expansion over the coming months, stay tuned for additional country launch announcements!

Welcome to the Google Map Maker family. Happy mapping!