Map Maker Update - March 12, 2013

Sneha

Mar 12, 2013, 7:32:40 AM3/12/13
to mapmaker-an...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mappers,

We’re delighted to have such passionate mappers continuing to contribute valuable suggestions for improving Google Map Maker. We’ve incorporated some of your ideas and have also been working on introducing in-product help support in Map Maker. Please post your thoughts and suggestion on this release here.

The following issues reported through Issue Tracker are now resolved:

Issues FixedIssue Tracker Entry #
IssueMappers had reported experiencing this error “Internal Error : Bad Data (Bad Relation Non Existent Reference).”’ This has now been fixed.

Issue 3573

IssueThe capital of Suriname (paramaribo) was rendering incorrectly. This has now been fixed.

Issue 3379

Lets take a detailed look:

Introducing in-product help support

We’re excited to announce that we have now enabled in-product help support in Map Maker. This will enable you to get quick help whenever needed. Just click  on the top right of the viewport. To make editing faster, the help articles will be displayed within the product, taking away the need to navigate outside of Map Maker.

Currently, in-product help is available in the following languages:

  • Arabic
  • German
  • English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Dutch
  • Polish
  • Romanian
  • Vietnamese.

Deletion of all the names of a long route is locked

Map Maker no longer supports deletion of all the names from a long route. Attempting to delete all names from a long route will now result in the following error message:

Category change from ‘City/town/Village’ to ‘Sublocality/Neighborhood’ no longer gives error

Previously, changing the category from City/town/Village to Sublocality/Neighborhood sometimes resulted in the following error message:

This is now fixed, and you will no longer see any such error.

“State” will now be called “District” in Cook Islands

As per the administrative hierarchy, Cook Islands is further divided into Districts. We’ve hence renamed the State title under the Address tab to District. Thank you for reporting this issue; we appreciate the passion and drive of all you wonderful mappers.    :)

As always, thanks for your continued input as we strive to improve Map Maker for everyone!

Cheers,
Sneha, on behalf of the Map Maker Team, Google