Does MapInfo support GML 3

Jamie

Mar 26, 2015, 8:48:27 AM3/26/15
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
i'm having some issues trying to import some GML data into MapInfo 12.5 x64

Its GML 3 format. MapInfo seems to imply that it only supports GML 2.1.

is there any way round this?

There's nothing wrong with the file as it opens in QGIS 2.8 fine.

Error.JPG

Ian Bennett

Mar 26, 2015, 8:56:06 AM3/26/15
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Jamie,

The universal translator supports GML 3.2 however you may need to download the schema file and point to it in the parameters.

Ian

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Adanac Drive
Southampton SO16 0AS
Tel: 03456 050505
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Jamie

Mar 26, 2015, 9:18:07 AM3/26/15
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
any idea where i could find this schema info Ian?

trying to import the OS Open Name data thats just been released.

Ian Bennett

Mar 26, 2015, 9:28:22 AM3/26/15
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jamie,

The schema can be downloaded from the following page on our website - http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/help-and-support/products/os-open-names.html.

If you are using the universal translator to convert into TAB you will need to be aware of the 2GB size limit so will not be able to translate all the GML into 1 file. I am currently working on some guidance on this to how much GML can be processed in one go.