dplyr support for alternate backends

Imanuel Costigan

Apr 23, 2015, 1:37:22 AM4/23/15
to manip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hadley

I've been working on the RSQLServer backend on an off over the last few months. What's the process to add this backend to dplyr? I've read through the vignette which explains the code required.

Should I submit a dplyr pull request?

Thanks.

Hadley Wickham

Apr 23, 2015, 8:52:29 AM4/23/15
to Imanuel Costigan, manipulatr
I'm not adding any more backends into dplyr itself - I think they more
naturally belong in the database package itself. (Which also puts the
testing burden on you, not me, so I don't have to run large numbers of
databases for testing)

Hadley
> --

http://had.co.nz/

Imanuel Costigan

Apr 23, 2015, 3:45:27 PM4/23/15
to Hadley Wickham, manipulatr
SO use semantics would be

library(“dplyr”)
library(“RSQLServer”)

Or should dplyr be added to RSQLServer’s Depends?

Hadley Wickham

Apr 23, 2015, 5:07:37 PM4/23/15
to Imanuel Costigan, manipulatr
It's up to you but I think requiring people to load both would be most explicit.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/