Re: *|UNSUB|* and other tags

Vijayaraj

Oct 22, 2012, 7:21:57 AM10/22/12
to mandrill-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am started using Mandrill and my requirement is to have unsubscribe link at the footer for the email sending via mandrill.
Anyone can help me on this implementation via mandrill

Thanks,
Vijay

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:39:20 PM UTC+5:30, Marco Garbelini wrote:
How will unsubscribe links work with Mandrill? I tried <a href="*|UNSUB|*">Unsubscribe</a> but ended up with an empty anchor.

Kaitlin

Oct 24, 2012, 11:05:43 PM10/24/12
to mandrill-a...@googlegroups.com

If you have other questions, click the option to 'submit a request' on our help pages or click here to send us an email.

Marco

Mar 22, 2012, 11:09:20 AM3/22/12
to mandrill-a...@googlegroups.com

Loren Norman

Mar 22, 2012, 11:12:20 AM3/22/12
to mandrill-a...@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe links are a different beast when it comes to transactional email. For instance, it probably doesn't make sense for someone to unsubscribe from a welcome email, or a password reset email.

How were you thinking of using them, in this case?

Marco

Mar 22, 2012, 11:33:34 AM3/22/12
to mandrill-a...@googlegroups.com
We intend to use Mandrill for all our transactional emails but in this specific case we have reminders that we send periodically if a few user requests are not acted upon for too long.

The idea is for us to give the users the option to stop these if they choose to.

We initially thought we could handle unsubs ourselves but since Mailchimp requires the UNSUB tag I imagined something similar would be required from Mandrill. But then again as you said, unsubscribe links make little sense for welcome and password reset type emails.

If Mandrill is more flexible with this then we can start simple with mailto:un...@domain.com links until we have our user notification control panel up and running.

Whatever the policy is we're good.
This conversation is locked