Re: Aberdeen Hack n Make

Torben Steeg

Mar 13, 2013, 10:21:05 AM3/13/13
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Please see below re the Aberdeen Hack v Make

Cheers,

Torben

Begin forwarded message:

From: Martin Evans <mar...@caggy.co.uk>
Subject: [UKMMFGroup] Aberdeen Hack n Make
Date: 12 March 2013 21:25:41 GMT

We are having a Hack n Make on the 12th May, could everyone please distribute the following through their maker lists please,

Thanks
Martin

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO TO GET YOUR ENTRY IN CLOSING DATE 17TH MARCH

CALL FOR MAKERS

Join us at Aberdeen Hack n Make– Sunday 12 May, 2013 - Elphinstone Hall, University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Hack n Make will take place at Elphinstone Hall, University of Aberdeen — a Hack n Make is an opportunity for makers to interact with each other, to share ideas, and to show examples of their work, projects, crafts, inventions, products and hacks in a vibrant fair-style event. We encourage you to join the fun and enter a project to exhibit..

We’re looking for people who love to make things – whatever and whoever that might be – to get involved in the Aberdeen Hack n Make this spring. If you like to tinker, invent or build this is a chance for you to show off your work and meet other makers.

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY TO ABERDEEN HACK N MAKE
Even if your project isn’t complete, that’s fine- tell us what you plan on doing! Open Call closes 17th of March.

Entries

The first step to participating in Hack n Make is to submit an entry that tells us about yourself and your project. Entries can be submitted from individuals as well as from groups, such as hobbyist clubs and schools. Please provide a short description of what you make and what you would like to bring to Aberdeen Hack n Make, including links to photographs and/or videos of your project. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.

Here are examples of some of the kinds of things we would like to see at Aberdeen Hack n Make:

Robotics
Electronics
Music Performance and Participation
3D Printers and CNC Mills
Bicycles
Kites
Puppets
Textile Arts and Crafts
Home Energy Monitoring
Rockets and RC Toys
Sustainability
Green Tech
Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
Electric Vehicles
Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
Food and Beverage Makers
Unusual Tools or Machines