Aberdeen Mini Maker Faire

Martin Evans

Nov 13, 2012, 9:14:30 AM11/13/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi we are in the early stages of planning a Mini Maker Faire in Aberdeen, Scotland to take place probably sometime in May next year. We are trying to get an idea of people who might be interested in coming. If you are interested then would you please reply to this thread.

Thanks
Martin

Stuart Dunbar

Nov 13, 2012, 7:30:34 PM11/13/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin,

Thank you for the invite but I'm living out in Canada at the moment.

Good luck with the faire.

Stuart

--
http://www.stuartdunbar.com/

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:14:30 -0800
From: mar...@caggy.co.uk
To: manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [manchester-mini-maker-faire-:103] Aberdeen Mini Maker Faire

Hi we are in the early stages of planning a Mini Maker Faire in Aberdeen, Scotland to take place probably sometime in May next year. We are trying to get an idea of people who might be interested in coming. If you are interested then would you please reply to this thread.

Thanks
Martin

Dominic Morrow

Nov 14, 2012, 2:45:28 AM11/14/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com, <manchester-mini-maker-faire-uk-@googlegroups.com>
Hello Martin

I expect I'll get myself there if I can. But not sure about exhibiting.

I think you'll find that 2013 is going to be a bit of a Maker Faire year.

I'm currently trying to do a small one in Bristol for early 2013 (Feb/March), we'll also be doing Derby again. I'm on the working group for one in London too. I happen to know that there is one in Edinburgh in early April and they'll probably do Manchester and Brighton again. Not to mention the actual UK Maker Faire in Newcastle late April. They are just the ones I know about.

I think we absolutely need to start making the Mini Maker Faire a local makers event and planning them that way. As you know most Faires to date have had the same exhibitors at them (that would be you and me included).

I know last year in the Hackspace world there was the "not ANOTHER Mini Maker Faire" syndrome.

I'll be interested to hear what interest you might get for exhibiting. Would you like me to forward you contact details for the Edinburgh Faire?

Dominic

Sent from my iPhone

Dictybloke

Nov 14, 2012, 4:07:18 AM11/14/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
About a dozen of us from Glasgow.  Half kids, half tinkerers and the spouses of tinkerers.