Vintage & Gadgets

Samantha Mills

Jun 25, 2012, 6:57:05 AM6/25/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Saddleworth Vintage & Handmade  would like to ask What is "Vintage"?  A word or statement that describes the meaning of "Vintage"

Also what is your favorite vintage gadget and why?

Hope to hear back soon.
With thanks
Sam

Danielle Lowy

Jun 27, 2012, 6:43:20 AM6/27/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam
What an interesting topic for discussion. I do a few craft fairs with my Rubbish Revamped recycled crafts and often see the word vintage seemingly misused on new items.
Look forward to meeting you on the day.
Danielle

Samantha Mills

Jul 4, 2012, 8:00:18 AM7/4/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Yes Danielle, my thoughts exactly as I come from a readymade background with craft & design.  Looking to define the meaning of vintage is hard when trying to write about it.  As I always thought it was a period of time, some have narrowed that time down, and some have brought it into retro?  when does it end and begin?  Is vintage a classic? Or a fine wine? No clear definition.  Look forward to your interaction on the subject!
Sam

sy randall

Jul 12, 2012, 2:55:35 PM7/12/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi just thought I would add a little something here... Vintage is a big part of my life as it takes a place in my full working career. Being a professional photograph restorer I see the whole spectrum I spend my time taking vintage photographs from a damaged or faded state and bring the magic back so the photo will last for several more generations to come. As lets be honest a photograph is a moment in time frozen. Without photographs and film we would not have a clue how are fore fathers lived. So I think i am a vital part in keeping vintage alive.

my best vintage invention has to be the camera obscura which led to the invention of the camera.

Samantha Mills

Jul 13, 2012, 5:22:08 AM7/13/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Great feedback Sy, you do indeed keep vintage alive.  Can I just add that you will be on the Saddleworth Vintage gadget stand, happy to discuss commission work on restoration?
With Thanks
Sam

sy randall

Jul 15, 2012, 8:47:29 AM7/15/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Indeed I will be... aswell as restoration come talk to me about storing your photographs safely to ensure you get the best out of them.

Samantha Mills

Jul 29, 2012, 3:48:34 AM7/29/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
http://www.saddleworthvintage.co.uk/news/

See our updates and join the debate on twitter!
with thanks
Sam