delivery services

Dave P.

Apr 19, 2016, 11:46:27 PM4/19/16
to makerspaceca
Sorry if this is offtopic by a wide margin, but I know no one else who might have an answer: Who do you call for deliveries?

Basically, I'm interested in buying a vertical blind kit in Langford and getting it home (downtown). Not very wide or high, but long - about 9 feet. No car, no friends with cars, not sure the bus service would appreciate me riding it, and taxis are too small (I've called and checked).

So I'm looking for a service that can haul something like that (ideally with me along), and is not too exorbitant. If any body has any suggestions (and esp. recommendations) I'd appreciate it.

David Boon

Apr 20, 2016, 11:08:38 AM4/20/16
to makerspaceca
There is a guy who I believe advertises through used Victoria that does delivery service just like you are talking about, apologies I have no contact I met him while he was dropping off a couch I bought (seller lined up the delivery)

David Boon

Apr 20, 2016, 11:08:39 AM4/20/16
to makerspaceca

Kevin Battersby

Apr 20, 2016, 1:10:48 PM4/20/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com, Dave P.

Hi,

I've use a small firm to move some heavy awkward stuff. He and his crew do a lot
of small deliveries. Usually a little larger than what your asking.

Lyle Atkinson - Your Friend With a Truck
250-381-8984

--
Regards,
Kevin

Dave P.

Apr 20, 2016, 10:01:02 PM4/20/16
to makerspaceca
Thanks to everyone for your recommendations and references, and especially Sandy for your kind offer. Unfortunately, last night I twisted my back and 'decided' to put a hold on getting it.

For others' reference, I also found some listing in craigslist when searching under 'deliveries' in services. Haven't tried them, but the prices seem reasonable.

Again, thanks!