Talk account confirmation

Nic Hume

Feb 23, 2016, 4:39:30 AM2/23/16
to makerspaceca
I only just saw the account confirmation email for the talk group, but the activation link was time-limited, and the email was sent 3 days ago.

Can someone re-send / re-confirm / re-bless me?

Thanks!

-N

Tyler Rivard

Feb 23, 2016, 4:56:45 AM2/23/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Done. I didn't realize that by default the activation link expires after 24 hours. I've bumped that to a few days and resent the activation link to any members that had not activated yet.

Craig Carmichael

Feb 28, 2016, 3:28:47 AM2/28/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
I get:

"Sorry, this account confirmation link is no longer valid. Perhaps
your account is already active?"

I don't see a new activation link so far.

Craig
(I don't always check my e-mail every day.)

======

>Done. I didn't realize that by default the activation link expires
>after 24 hours. I've bumped that to a few days and resent the
>activation link to any members that had not activated yet.
>
>On 2016-02-23 01:39 AM, Nic Hume wrote:
>
>>I only just saw the account confirmation email for the talk group,
>>but the activation link was time-limited, and the email was sent 3
>>days ago.
>>
>>Can someone re-send / re-confirm / re-bless me?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>-N
>>

>>--
>>
>>Nic Hume
>>[C] 250.661.0822
>>[E] <mailto:Nic....@gmail.com>Nic....@gmail.com

Tyler Rivard

Feb 28, 2016, 7:23:36 PM2/28/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
The system deletes accounts after two weeks if the email address was
never confirmed. As an anti-spam measure, it assumes that email
addresses that don't get confirmed don't belong to the person who made
the account.
Just go to http://talk.makerspace.ca/signup and create an account again.